Author: Ryan Dube
•4/24/2009
First, I'd like to thank all of my loyal readers who visit this blog often. However you found your way here, regardless where you came from or why you're here, I wanted to take a moment to recognize you.

I started really focusing on publishing my writing on the Internet last year, and only because I needed to generate some income to support my family. My love on online publishing didn't come from a need for income though, it came from a side passion known as Reality Uncovered. That was (and is) a website I own with my good friend from the UK, Stephen Broadbent. The focus of the site is to serve a unique and narrow niche related to a scientific analysis of the paranormal - specifically UFO's. After a few years of intense research and writing there, I found that I was running on empty. Family medical issues became a financial drain, so I need to produce more income. So, I turned to what I love to do - write.

Since then, I started several blogs and began writing on a whole miscellaneous array of topics for clients I found at Scriptlance. I was able to earn income from writing online, but the hours were very long and the pay wasn't very good. In fact, competing with the folks from India who can mass-produce web content at a rate ten times what I could - I really had to work to convince web designers that my quality was far above and beyond. In time, it no longer took convincing, I had a steady stream of regular clients, and a constant supply of work.

Writing Work Expands Upon Itself

From there, things only got better. I was hired as a writer at LoveToKnow, a very cool informational website - and eventually was promoted to Site Editor and finally to Group Editor for three channels, Sci Fi, Web Design and Online. I've also been hired as a Staff Writer at MakeUseOf, the coolest geeky tech site on the Internet (and likely how many of you found your way here).

Since then, the traffic and interest within all venues has increased and I couldn't be more greatful for all of the fantastic contents an interest from readers. So I've decided to establish a hosted blog that serves as a central point for all of my writing. I've migrated all of my posts here to that blog, and I'll be keeping both this "free" blog and my hosted blog updated constantly. If you are ever curious what I'm up to - check it out. The new location (please update your bookmarks!) is FreeWritingCenter.com.

Thanks again to everyone - see you there!
This entry was posted on 4/24/2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: